   Re: SV: [xml-dev] a useful naming convention

Quoting James Lindley Walford <jlw@itst.dk>:

> >As far as the internal syntax of a name is concerned, the only important
> >thing is to try and be consistent: use hyphens or underscores or
> camelCase,
> >but not all three interchangeably.
>
> >Michael Kay
>
> I was taught to avoid hypens and underscores due to potential problems with
> e.g. data-binding, though I can't provide concrete examples of such a
> problem. A myth or a reality?

basically I figure it's theoretical, in java which has a lot of databinding
tools a hyphen is not a proper character in an identifier. I would hope that a
databinding tool would have taken this into account and made a workaround  (I
seem to remember that Castor handles it) But maybe that is me being optimistic
and anyway the requirements of naming standards are often based on what
theoretical problems.

consider the even worse scenario of element names with . in them. Not only
possible databinding headaches, but I suppose css headaches as well if someone
wanted to style the xml via that technology.

XMI must be a headache for someone.