   Re: [xml-dev] Constrain the Number of Occurrences of Elements inyour XML

I have to agree with Doug on this point that recursion is extremely
important in some of the work that I do. The fact that you cannot
specify a maximum depth may be troubling but it is still an extremely
valuable construct.

maxOccurs=35000 has other problems that you don't list-- primarily that
the FSM method of building out the validation trees struggles with a
large upper bound according to most published algorithms. [1]

Additionally because of the versioning problems in XML Schema I would
never recommend a solution that requires consistent updates to the XML
Schema when such business logic could be expressed in versionable code.

[1] http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200506/msg00074.html

Cheers,
Jeff Rafter