   RE: [xml-dev] Is HTML structured or unstructured information?

>Is HTML structured or unstructured information?

Yes!

But seriously... if "Structured information may be characterized as
information whose intended meaning is unambiguous" and "The canonical
example of structured information is a relational database table" then the
article is building from a shaky premise, because the intended meaning of
the data in a relational database table can easily be ambiguous.

If it means that a relational table is structured because the individual
pieces of information in it are clearly delineated and their structural
relation is unambiguous, which makes sense to me, then I would consider HTML
structured, especially when compared to the article's examples of
unstructured information.

Bob
weblog: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/1191
homepage: http://www.snee.com/bob