   Re: [xml-dev] Is HTML structured or unstructured information?

  • To: "Bullard, Claude L \(Len\)" <len.bullard@intergraph.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Is HTML structured or unstructured information?
  • From: Mukul Gandhi <mukul_gandhi@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 08:05:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Len,
  I am not as knowleadgeable as you are. But IMHO

  1) HTML is a language for displaying content of the
web page. As for any content, HTML can be treated as
unstructured information.

  2) On the other hand, I think, since HTML is a
vocabulary for Web GUI, it can be treated as
strcutured.

  3) Since HTML is also a computer language, it can be
treated as such by many people.

  4) To my experiance, relational data can be treated
as structured information since relational data is
handled by SQL.

Just my opinion!

Regards,
Mukul