   RE: [xml-dev] Is HTML structured or unstructured information?

From: Robert Koberg [mailto:rob@koberg.com]

>> Because it isn't practiced.  It is espoused.  Again,
>> if HTML is the exemplar, it isn't 100%.  It is mixed.
>> All of the examples so far are mixed.

>Hmmm... please don't tell some of my customers who create content in XML
>so it can get styled to XHTML for the web, HTML and text for emails,
>AvantGo, PDF, whatever.

I won't if you won't, but some of them might read
this list so the cat is out of the box so to speak.

>Or the ones who reuse content pieces in different parts of a
>project/site so that it can be presented differently.

And you can't do that with HTML only?  Hmm.  Something
must be wrong with the Principle of Least Power or
it conflicts with the Separation of Content and Presentation.

Are the principles inconsistent, the knowledge incomplete,
or the practice faulty?

The system works.  No doubt.  It has side effects, but as
we are informed, that is the fault of the users.

len