   Re: [xml-dev] Web 2.0 - Leading the Web to its full potential by side-st

DuCharme, Bob (LNG-CHO) wrote:

>If the Web 2.0 "movement" leads the Web to anything, it will lead it to Web
>3.0, which will be a marketing buzzphrase used as an umbrella term covering
>the trendy new web-related technologies available at the time.

when developers talk about version numbers, we should know the fallacy
of talking about such things like web 2.0...at worst version numbering
is just a system for disambiguating software packages and making our
lives a little bit saner, not to mention disentangle complex dependency
between components by being able to uniquely identify them. We should
leave it to the self appointed to rush to create new 'words' for such
things...ultimately its a form of brand promotion and creation....in any
event I will still know that web 2.0 is actually web 1.8.1434 ts
11092005 release version.

cheers, Jim Fuller