   Re: [xml-dev] Is HTML structured or unstructured information?

Peter Hunsberger wrote:

>Respectfully disagree: structure and semantics are in the eye of the
>beholder: tell me is a blob of XML stored in a RDB structured or not?
>Does the same blob have any semantic meaning? What if the RDB can
>parse the blob into a SOAP descriptor? What if it used a grammar
>stored in another blob to do so?

i think this is the nub of the arguement....basically a 'thing' (w/o
getting too formal) can have many concurrent hierarchies, attributes,
etc attatched to it (or be it). When we speak of structure we have to
speak about it being careful to provides assumptions on context and
scope to have any sensible level of resolution about what we are trying
to describe....is binary xml structured would be another example...hehe.

my 2 czk worth,

cheers, Jim Fuller