   RE: Web 2.0 Case Study - Apple Dashboard Widgets - Beyond The Browser

Hello Len,

Len said:
They provide the data.  That is key.  If the data is faulty, all the
tools in existence don't matter if you can't determine it by first
inspection.
So when the Google data to the kid's freebie sex offender tracker points
to your address, you have no recourse?  To be determined.  And that
is the hell of it.  We won't know until the lawyers are paid.

Didier replies:
Len, the whole notion of responsibility wasn't there even before the web.
What about a bug in a spatial robot leading to a crash on Mars. It's the
whole problem of reliability of software and information. The web is not
better or worse than all the software and information structure was before.
We got bugs in books, in maps, in computer programs, etc...

Cheers
Didier PH Martin