   RE: [xml-dev] Avoding a repeat of W3C XSD - was Re: [xml-dev] Is Web 2.0

  • To: "Michael Champion" <michaelc.champion@gmail.com>,"XML Developers List" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Avoding a repeat of W3C XSD - was Re: [xml-dev] Is Web 2.0 the new XML?
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:56:04 -0700

My perspective as former PM for XML Schema technologies at MSFT
 - No requirement for implementations of features to exist before going
to REC
 - Contradictary design goals (datatyping vs. validation)
 - Spec written in obtuse language that only an anti-social academic
could love

The lack of existence of a formalism was not really a factor as far as I
remember.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
They say that 74% of the Earth is covered by water and the rest is

rights.