   Re: [xml-dev] Seeking Examples of XSLT Memory Stress

  • To: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Seeking Examples of XSLT Memory Stress
  • From: Robert Koberg <rob@koberg.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:44:30 -0400
  • Cc: "'Alan Gutierrez'" <alan-xml-dev@engrm.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org

Michael Kay wrote:
>>What would help me is if I could discard content
>>piece DOMs after they are transformed.
>

> Saxon already has an extension, saxon:discard-document(), designed to
> achieve that.

I did not know that and it is good to know. I disable extensions (and
don't really investigate them) as I run some untrusted XSLs in my CMS
webapp. I wonder, is there some way to configure Saxon to allow this
extension, but not allow any others?

Any chance of this type of thing getting into the spec?

thanks,
-Rob