   Re: [xml-dev] Seeking Examples of XSLT Memory Stress

Liam Quin wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 11:44:30AM -0400, Robert Koberg wrote:
>
>>Michael Kay wrote:
>>
>>>Saxon already has an extension, saxon:discard-document(), designed to
>>>achieve that.
>>
>>I did not know that and it is good to know. I disable extensions (and
>>don't really investigate them) as I run some untrusted XSLs in my CMS
>>webapp.
>
> Watch that an XSLT transform can read (or try to read) any
> file on your system and can open arbitrary http (and often ftp)
> connections on arbitrary ports.

I use custom URIResolvers for the factory and the transformer to handle
this type of thing. A project's XSL for import/include is resolved in
the factory's resolver (first looking in the project workspace, then in
a default location). XML brought in through the document function is
resolved in the transformer's resolver. The resolvers basically chroot
jail the transformation to their project's workspace and the
default/fallback location.

best,
-Rob