   Re: [xml-dev] License Feedback -- health and safety issues

Michael Kay wrote:
> I've always thought that it's likely that in most incidents of people being
> killed as a result of software bugs (or IT systems bugs), the software
> wasn't thought to be safety-critical at all.
>
> And as I said before, if your programming is negligent and it kills someone,
> disclaimers are very unlikely to protect you.

This thread is about software licenses but it seems there's a similar issue with
XML vocabularies, DTDs and schemas.

What if a flawed schema design results in an accident? For example, coding
incorrect constraints for allowable temperatures or pressures might cause an
instrument or a monitoring program to work from unsafe data.