   RE: [xml-dev] Is Web 2.0 the new XML?

This is a good analysis of the problems in the schema spec, but it doesn't
answer my real question: how does one prevent standards committees from
behaving in this manner?

In my experience, everyone on the group might understand the dangers of
Version One Syndrome, but they still won't drop their individual insistence
on the features that they think are core to the requirement.

I suppose I'm saying that it all depends on assembling the right group of
people who have a common view of what they are trying to achieve (and not
achieve); which is why groups such as W3C are always at their best in their
first three or four years of existence.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/