   RE: [xml-dev] indexing and querying XML (not XQuery)

Observe it behaviorally, and the XML-Devs are
not well-threaded.  Humans don't stick to the
topic.  They drift and the directions of drift
are illuminating clues for problem-solving systems.
If I want to aggregate, I have to have a way
to use the Subject line sparingly.

Entice?  Free beer or egoboo?

I'm not sure why I want to host your search
component.  In fact, I'm sure I don't.  Nothing
personal, just that the web has become exactly
what some feared it would become:  the world's
most pervasive snitch.  So how is your search
component any different from a spybot?  What would
I (the content *owner*) do with it?  Participate?
Give to get?  Get got?

Discussion is only tracked by links if I bother
to link.  Sometimes I can't be bothered.  :-)

len

From: 'Alan Gutierrez' [mailto:alan-xml-dev@engrm.com]

    Blogs and XML-Dev are different. XML-Dev is threaded
    discussions. In blogs, discussion is tracked through links.

    I'm sure that blogs would be an easier task.

    Blogging software is extensible. It's possible to entice
    bloggers to host a component of the search algorithm.