   RE: [xml-dev] preserving prefix names while replacing

>From: "Dewey, John" <jdewey@rsasecurity.com>
>To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
>Subject: [xml-dev] preserving prefix names while replacing
>Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:52:02 -0700
>
>I am looking for a way to remember prefix names themselves.
>The following is psudo code for what I'd like to do in xsl:
>
>var $prefix = findPrefixFor("http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";)
><xsl:template match=$prefix":Body">
>   <$prefix:Body Id="MsgBody">
>

>Currently I have:
>
><xsl:template match="soapenv:Body">
>   <soapenv:Body Id="MsgBody">
>
>The problem with this is that it doesn't preserve the original
>document's prefix name, which is what I want to do as this is part of an
>override xsl for an identity transform.
>The following if the full xsl file that I have:
>

><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>                 xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
>
>xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";>
>
>   <!-- copy the xml -->
>   <xsl:import href="copy.xsl"/>
>
>   <!-- add the Id tag to the message body -->
>   <xsl:template match="soapenv:Body">
>     <soapenv:Body Id="MsgBody">
>       <xsl:apply-templates select="@* | node()"/>
>     </soapenv:Body>
>   </xsl:template>
></xsl:stylesheet>
>
>copy.xsl is simply an identity transform.
>
>-Jon

Jon

Not sure why you're that bothered about the prefix but are you saying that
your initial document has a different prefix from "sopaenv" and the
processor doesn't use it, it changes it to "soapenv" or that it changes it
to something else entirely?

Joe