   RE: [xml-dev] Python and JSON vs XML???

> The idea of programming languages in XML syntax seems to be on the
wane

If you mean actually typing XML to do the programming, then I'd agree.

But I imagine that given a repository with an XML based domain specific languages (DSL) and good query, view and transformation (QVT) support will be an idea that will grow, rather than wane.

There seems to be more than a little interest in DSLs, and certainly JetBrains MPS seems to take at least the box formatting of CSS + XML as its basis for UI and uses XML for its language descriptor, and whether or not what's actually on the disk is XML or something else doesn't matter most of the time to the programmer.

Pete