   Re: [xml-dev] Names As Types

Hi.

I may well have bent the conversation into a tangent.  I admit that by now
I'm totally confused by the turtle metaphor.

I thought I understood it when it was with respect to the "are you a
turtle" question.  If you are not a turtle then you are the person at the
end of the stack of turtles.  Turtles in the stack have two primary
functions: relaying the force of the weight of the higher parts of the
stack downwards to the next turtle, and relaying the support of the earth
(or the bottom person) upward to the next turtle.  These are functional
and well defined roles that support and maintain the stack.

I don't know what the top and bottome turtle do.  The bottom turtle is a
person who undertands why it's all there and the top turtle provides a
resting spot for the sun?

Also, I am deeply intrigued but utterly confused by this:

>> This is the component
>> specification problem of
>> political inclusion by reference (consensus on steroids).