   RE: [xml-dev] Responding to Katrina (offtopic even if XML is partof the

The obligation to rescue becomes mandatory only after a fault in disaster
planning appears.  If pre hurricane planning were adequate, then there
would be little rescue to do. .

If the disaster plan is appropriate and compliance were mandatory then
there would be no rescue?   One disaster plan that would work is to refuse
federal flood insurance to barrier island structures.

In the gulf coast of Florida evacuation there has been major retail
gasoline shortages.  As a result it is impossible to get out of town or
at least such a senario renders it .

Seems the first big problem to solve is ample gas at the retail pump. Gas
needs to be available and guaranteed right up to the last minute that one
might decide to evacuate all along the evacation routes at least 400
miles out.  Otherwise it is problematic to leaves one's home.