   RE: [xml-dev] basic qs - how is xml more flexible for exchanging data?

My copy of the C language specification says that the language doesn't
define how many bits there are in a character or integer, what character
code is used, what order the fields in a struct are stored in, whether
integers are twos complement, or in fact anything else about the physical
representation of data. So how can this possibly define an interchange
format that anyone can rely on?

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/