   Re: [xml-dev] Handling of empty content and white space-only content?

* Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> [2005-09-22 08:43]:
> > If an element is declared to contain only other elements, then
> > whitespace is not significant. If, however, an element is declared
> > to contain parsable-character-data, then all whitespace is
> > significant whether or not it comes directly after or directly before
> > an element tag.
>
> Incidentally, I hate the spelling of "white space" as two words. The term
> does not mean "space that is white" (as distinct from space that is red or
> green), therefore it should be a single word.

    Oh, well that answers my next XSLT question. I spent all day
    yesterday trying to make this work.

    <xsl:if test="normalize-greenspace(ht:div) != ''">
      <!--| Process div. |-->
    </xsl:if>

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan@engrm.com