   Re: [xml-dev] Wrapping Scripted Media in RSS: Secure?

> > Indeed.  But new technologies, or new uses of existing tech, often
> > present unforseeable risks. (ask me about
> > beaming newton notes sometime!)
> Yes! What about beaming newton notes?

I once wrote an app that would send complex notes that had code attached to
their elements.  Primarily to allow sending over a Note item that had
calendar and contacts 'stamped' onto it.  This in order to get them
'rehydrated' once they got the target machine.  Their viewScript would fire
and automagically put the items into the proper stores.  Where it got
interesting was being able to send you a stamp that had a search query.  It
would, in turn, send the results back to me.  Purely as a proof-of-concept,
of course.  Heh.  Some time later, at a show, when one of the booth staff
was exchanging cards with others, she read my badge and clamped her hand
over the IR port and said "uh, I heard not to accept beams from you".  ROFL.
Anyway...

Live content, scripting and unintended consequences is nothing new.  Lack of
effective sandboxing isn't either, sad to say.

-Bill Kearney