   Re: [xml-dev] Semantic equivalence of xml documents

Hi,

You say you've got a schema defined for your data, and want to check
semantic sameness for it with your customer (if I got you right). As
with everything, it depends. One way *I* would do this is not to
define my own schema, but instead use a general schema with semantics
capabilites, create an ontology that speaks of my semantics, like with
XTM Topic Maps, and then it's easy to create test-queries against
those two maps to determine semantic equality. Heck, even a simple map
merger would come up with enough stuff to determine most semantics.
The same could also be done with RDF and an inferencing engine as
well.

As others have said, there's not much semantics defined in XML alone;
you need the Semantic Web! *grin*

Alex
--
"Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know."
                                                         - Frank Herbert