   Re: [xml-dev] JSON Again, Stop Me Before It's Too Late

* Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr> [2005-09-27 05:40]:
> Alan Gutierrez wrote:
> >    JSON has been discussed here before. I started to use JSON
> >    because when I view source on many DHTML applications, that's
> >    what I see. It was quick and dirty, and I knocked out an XSLT
> >    2.0 transform to generate JSON and HTML generator functions.

> Have you looked at http://json-rpc.org/? Chances are what you're looking
> for is already implemented.

    Have you used it? Curious.

    I'm using the Prototype library to wrap the XMLHttpRequest, and
    chose it based on the beauty of the applications that use it.

    http://prototype.conio.net/

    Otherwise, JavaScript land is so quirky and sloppy I prefer to
    write just as much JavaScript to get the job done, rather than
    adopt "frameworks". (Not a dig. The standards aren't there.)

    JavaScript has never been good for reuse.

    Still wondering about i18n issues using JavaScript literals in
    transport.

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan@engrm.com
    - http://engrm.com/blogometer/index.html