   Re: [xml-dev] JSON Again, Stop Me Before It's Too Late

Alan Gutierrez wrote:
> * Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr> [2005-09-27 05:40]:
>>Have you looked at http://json-rpc.org/? Chances are what you're looking
>>for is already implemented.
>
>     Have you used it? Curious.

A bit, not intensively. The author is usually very responsive. I know
it's been tested rather widely.

>     JavaScript has never been good for reuse.

That's not true. Javascript programmers have never been good for reuse,
but that no different from Java programmers never understanding when to
use a checked exception or Perl programmers never knowing when not to
use a regex. I've done very reusable Javascript libs that ship in
several different products.

>     Still wondering about i18n issues using JavaScript literals in
>     transport.

I've had problems with that that I didn't have time to figure out how to
solve. Note however that it was transport with intermediate storage on
disk so that I wouldn't be surprised if it was due to the encoding
information being lost.

--
Robin Berjon
   Senior Research Scientist