   Re: [xml-dev] XPath filter for SAX in Java

I'm afraid i've lost the original post but this is very close to what STX[1]
does. STX is, essentially, an XSLT-like language that works on streams and
does not require a random-access structure in memory.

What the OP asks for (per my understanding, see above) may not be offered by
Joost [2] (a java based STX implementation) per se but internally the logic
should exist. Joost is an open source project so you might want to checkit
out.

In any case, it would be really cool to have such functionality on top of SAX.
So cool that it should be considered for inclusion in the next SAX version
IMHO.

[1] http://stx.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://joost.sourceforge.net/

hth,