Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [xml-dev] [ANN] Candle 0.8 - a new scripting language for XML
- From: Mail <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 20:13:26 +0800
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.2 (Windows/20050317)
Vibrasoft is glad to announce the first public release of its Candle
Query Engine under the Apache/BSD open source license. Candle (Common
ApplicatioN Development LanguagE) is a high-level scripting language for
XML-based application development. It unifies many core XML standards
(XSLT, XQuery, XSchema, XUpdate, etc.) under one consistent language and
Candle is a self-sufficient, high-level scripting language for XML-based
data processing. Many existing procedural languages provide XML support
through the DOM model. While DOM is friendly to OOP, it is not the most
convenient and efficient way to process XML data. XPath and XQuery are
the new generation of 'native' XML processing languages just like SQL is
to RDB. However, they are not sufficient to build an application by
themselves, and they are most often embedded in procedural lanugages
just like SQL. Candle not only unifies XSLT and XQuery, but goes furhter
to provide a complete query and action model that is sufficient to build
general-purpose applications with just Candle itself.
Candle re-invents XML by making some slight deviation on existing XML
syntax and data model to address many of the existing issues and make it
suitable for both document and data-centric usage. Many of its unique
* Strong-typed static markup syntax, which is sufficient to capture
for example all the types in HTML, CSS, SVG.
* Unified data model that underlies the query and validation process.
* A query model that unifies XQuery and XSLT.
* Unique and innocative action model for updating XML data, while
still preserving the functional constructs at maximum.
* Unfied XML application runtime environment that not only supports
XML data processing, but also XML data presentation and editing.
To find out more about the Candle language, you can read our online
manual at: http://www.vibrasoft.net/doc/page1029.htm.
You can download the source code of the Candle Query Engine at:
You can also download the complete Candle Runtime Environment at:
Vibrasoft Pte Ltd