   ANN: X-Hive/DB 7.0 Released

  • To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: ANN: X-Hive/DB 7.0 Released
  • From: "Jeroen van Rotterdam" <jeroen@x-hive.com>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 18:12:32 +0200

X-Hive Corporation Announces General Availability of X-Hive/DB, Version 7.0

X-Hive Corporation is the first company to publish the results of the W3C's
XQTS XQuery test. Latest version of X-Hive/DB will appeal to organizations
who manage large volumes of content.

Rotterdam, The Netherlands, 14 October 2005 - X-Hive Corporation, a leader
in native XML database and Content Management technology for complex
documentation, today announced the general availability of X-Hive/DB version
7.0.

Key new features of X-Hive/DB 7.0 include:

.	Path indexes that allow more detailed specification of what nodes to
index and also allow   multiple values to be used as index keys.
.	Improved Lock acquisition priority and deadlock victim selection
.	Compliancy to the current XQuery Working Draft from the 15 September
2005 and the related specifications (XQuery & XPath functions, XQuery &
XPath Data Model, etc.).
.	Versionable BLOBs
.	XQuery update statements

X-Hive Corporation is the first company to publish the results of the W3C's
XQTS XQuery test. X-Hive Corporation urges competitors to publish their
results as well. XQTS test suite results for X-Hive/DB 7.0 can be found at:
http://www.x-hive.com/static/XQTSReport.html

"We added customer driven features to meet our customer needs in this new
release" said Jeroen van Rotterdam, CEO of X-Hive Corporation. "X-Hive/DB is
the core foundation for many content intensive, XML driven, applications.
X-Hive/DB remains the fastest most powerful XML database based on open
standards available in the market".

X-Hive/DB 7.0 is now commercially available on the X-Hive Corporation Web
site. A 30-day free evaluation version may also be downloaded from the Web
site.

About X-Hive Corporation.
X-Hive Corporation is a leader in XML database and Content Management
technology. Our mission is to significantly improve operational performance
of our customers, in their efforts of maintaining and publishing technical
information. X-Hive Corporation offers state of the art XML technology
specifically for complex Content Management Solutions in industries like
Aerospace, Automotive, Heavy Machinery, Petrochemical, Publishing, and
Defence. X-Hive solutions support all major XML standards, X-Hive actively
participates within W3C and the ATA Civil Aviation Working Group. X-Hive
Corporation co-operates worldwide with software vendors, system integrators
and consultants in delivering X-Hive solutions. For more information:
www.x-hive.com

For more information contact:
X-Hive Corporation
Nick Kuppers, VP Sales