   RE: [xml-dev] ANN: X-Hive/DB 7.0 Released

> X-Hive Corporation is the first company to publish the
> results of the W3C's
> XQTS XQuery test. X-Hive Corporation urges competitors to
> publish their
> results as well. XQTS test suite results for X-Hive/DB 7.0
> can be found at:
> http://www.x-hive.com/static/XQTSReport.html

Congratulations on publishing your test results: you have certainly set a
high standard for others to match, and I hope others won't be discouraged
from doing so because they don't come up to the same level.

But I'm curious to know how you achieved such a clean slate. I've been
running the XQTS 0.7.0 tests over the last few days and have reported bugs
in over 160 of the 9000-odd tests [1]. Many of these errors were presumably
present also in the 0.6.0 tests. How did you pass these tests? Did you
correct them as you went along, or apply your own judgement as to whether
your results were correct, or what?

I also found a large number of tests where I had to apply much looser rules
to comparison of test results than those prescribed, for example by
stripping XML declarations at the start of a file or newlines at the end.
Again, I'd be interested whether you had the same experience.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

[1] For bug reports, see

http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&product=XML+Qu