   RE: [xml-dev] DTDs still widely used ? was RE: Namespaces A Mess?

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, DuCharme, Bob (LNG-CHO) wrote:
> bryan rasmussen writes:
>> A very unscientific quick check on the usage of DTDs...
> Your search looks for XML documents on the public web that have the word
> "doctype" and are in Google's index, which is not a good indicator of how
> much XML people are using that points to DTDs.

In this regard, I'd also wonder how frequent it is that XML documents do
not contain any DOCTYPE declarations, but are neveretheless maintained as
valid w.r.t. to some external DTDs?  (The same wonder applies to the other
schema languages, of course.)

VG