   RE: [xml-dev] DTDs still widely used ? was RE: Namespaces A Mess?

 Vladimir Gapeyev wrote:

>In this regard, I'd also wonder how frequent it is that XML documents do
not
>contain any DOCTYPE declarations, but are neveretheless maintained as valid

>w.r.t. to some external DTDs?  (The same wonder applies to the other schema

>languages, of course.)

Good point. One of the main design decisions for RELAX NG was that
hardcoding a pointer to a schema inside of a document isn't a good idea.
There can be good reasons to make XML documents public without making their
DTDs or schemas public, so public versions may have such pointers removed.

Bob