   Re: [xml-dev] Relax-ng test suites & sample data?; Pre-pre-announce: rel

On 10/21/05, Dan Shoutis <dan.shoutis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you tell more about how your "regular hedge grammar subtype prover"
> works?

Certainly; I'm not the one who came up with it so here are some
references -- and thank you for yours, a quick glance indicates that
it's taking a slightly different approach & may be very worthwhile to
read:

libxml2 also uses its own algorithm which is not based on  derivations (let's say it is data driven, instead of
accumulating derivations I accumulate state based on (subexpr, current node) tuples when the part of the RNG expression can't be compiled to a regexp like automata).
For test data there is James Clark test suite and my own accumulated data, both can be found in libxml2
source tree under test/relaxng .
For containment work you could check the recent papers from Nabil Layaida, though he has been working
on this more in an XPath perspective, but I guess some of the tools and techniques could be reused in other
contexts like RNG validation.

Daniel