   Re: [xml-dev] Non-schema approach to web service design: comments?

Quoting Tech Rams <techmailing@yahoo.com>:

> Right now you are inhouse, so you have the liberty to
> do anything.
> But the moment you have to expose, would you ask
> others what their system is and accordingly generate
> the consumer code, or just hand the WSDL to them? Many
> systems generate their own custom code given a WSDL.

We would hand over the WSDL and ask external parties to
use that (plus hand over any other documentation we might
provide: basically the contract information converted to
printed documentation )

> I like the annotation part, but instead of having your
> build generate WSDL/XSD with embedded custom data, I
> would rather generate the actual WSDL/XSD.

Ideally, yes: but doing so (at least for now, given
today's technology) seems to mean that we get a productivity
factor drop of 3-4. And as part of this drop we have to
hand-code many of the contract rules in code, as opposed
to expressing them in the contract.