   RE: [xml-dev] save XML into database

You can load XML into most relational database systems now like SQL
Server 2005 (which was released yesterday, btw), Oracle 10 or even IBM
DB2 :-) or some of the native XML databases.

Since I am biased, I would recommend SQL Server 2005 (you can get a free
version of SQL Server 2005 Express on msdn.microsoft.com/sql). Loading
an XML file is a single statement:

INSERT INTO table(xmlcol) select x from OpenROWSET(BULK 'yourfile.xml',
SINGLE_BLOB) as T(x)

Or you can use bulkload facilities etc. The other databases have similar
ways to load the data.

Best regards
Michael (PM for XML Support in SQL Server 2005)
http://sqljunkies.com/weblog/mrys