   Re: [xml-dev] Non-schema approach to web service design: comments?

> But thinking a little further, I think even functional
> constraints can be embedded in the XSD - for example,
> you state that you expect a specific attribute to have
> a specific value on the element you want to put this
> constraint on. In such design, the attribute value can
> be a URI that stands for the particular algorithm -
> like checksum. The party creating the data then
> understands that URI and accordingly generates the
> data.
I'm not exactly sure if I follow your suggestion, if you had an example...
at any rate what I was trying to describe was the need to do
validation of the content of an attribute dependent on the value of
another attribute on the same element. The kind of context dependent
validation that schematron excels at.