   Re: [xml-dev] Non-schema approach to web service design: comments?

http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/schemas.html#dsd

> Strictly speaking, Schematron is independent of / complementary to
> XSD, however.  It seems like it would be easier to figure out how to
> get them to work usefully together than start the schema wars over
> again.

this is the tactic I usually take, as I am willing to use an imperfect
and unwieldy grammar-based language if I can augment it with a quick
and handy contextual constraints language (for want of a better term)

but in the outlined case there is no way that xml schema would provide
anything to matching the requirementsv (that I or any of the X;ML
Schema conversant people I work with can see).