   RE: [xml-dev] Declarative XML Processing with XQuery

> I never took up with XQuery for a moment because I could never perceive
> such a right-sized kernel at its core.

Well, XPath + FLWOR + "Just-type-XML-in-your-query". In my experience,
that's enough for 90% of the users - no user defined functions, no
static typing or actually any typing at all, no huge function libraries
etc.

And that kernel is small, nice to use, and gives a really big
improvement. It allows you to solve a huge number of all day XML
problems in an easy way.

I'd rather think that one of the obstacles for adoption is all the stuff
around this kernel and the delay it caused; the complexity for
implementers and maybe the perceived complexity for end users. Where the
later one is really only perceived.

Martin