   Re: [xml-dev] Problems with xs:redefine

On 11-30-2005 5:47 PM, Allison Bloodworth wrote:
 > Thanks to Dan for help he gave me behind the scenes. I am now running Xerces
 > from the command line
 > (http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/samples-sax.html#Counter) as well as in
 > Oxygen. I've also downloaded the trial version of Saxon-SA and am testing
 > with that as well. If someone can point me to instructions on how to install
 > and do validation with MSXML, great, but for now I think I'm OK.

If you download the trial version of Stylus Studio, you'd
discover that we've included several common validation engines
right out of the box.

These include:
Xerces-C++ (the built-in validator)
Saxon SA (built-in in 2006 Enterprise)
XSV
Xerces-J
MSXML 4.0, both SAX and DOM models
System.Net

(In a few days, MSXML 6.0 SAX and DOM will be added with our next patch release.)

See http://www.stylusstudio.com/xml_validation.html for details,
and http://www.stylusstudio.com/xml_download.html to grab an
eval copy.

This might save you the trouble of searching them out.

We recognize that different engines catch different things and each
has its own failings, which is why we've supported multiple engines
for years.

For fun, you might also like to try IBM's Schema Quality Checker;
see http://www.stylusstudio.com/sqc.html for how to use it with
Stylus Studio.  If not, that same page also has pointers to the
location on IBM's website from which it may be downloaded, and has
instructions.

--
Sincerely,
Tony Lavinio