   Re: [xml-dev] Common Word Processing Format

>>>Thank GODDESS for the OO XML project, Microsoft's partially reformed
>>>Office XML format team, and all others who are saving us from the abject
>>>horror of having to contemplate XHTML as an office file format.
>>>Are you kidding me?
>>>All arguments for XHTML everywhere eventually boil down to arguments
>>>that rather than
>>>  <python/>

>>>I should write:
>>>No bloody thank you.  Freedom from naming-by-committee is what drew me
>>>to XML in the first place.  I am not about to chuck that freedom for the
>>>very false comfort of a protean generic identifier.

>>Given that you can't do what you want in OOWrite and only painfully and
>>with a bad UI in MSWord, why are you celebrating those formats?
> Can't do what I want?  I don't follow.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. You gave an example of a custom XML
structure and a corresponding (incorrect) XHTML structure. I tried to
say that what you want (your XML structure) cannot be done or be done
with difficulty (in MSOffice). I was wondering why you "Thank GODDESS
for the OO XML project, Microsoft's..." ?

Even if we are not talking about the narrow scope of Massachusetts IT
desire/dilemma, why are the Office formats better than XHTML? Why would
someone who wants to keep custom formats for internal use want to use
such a complex presentation format to publish?