   RE: [xml-dev] Preserving whitespace between nodes - XSLT

> I have an XSLT question that I'm unable to answer, and I'm starting to
> think there may not be an answer. Before I give up, allow me
> to consult your expertise.

XSLT coding questions are best asked on xsl-list at mulberrytech.com. This
list prefers to discuss the meaning of life.

> I'm trying to preserve significant whitespace between element nodes
> during transformation.

Just avoid using MSXML3, and you should be fine.

Seriously: Microsoft's XSLT processor is the only one that throws away
whitespace text nodes by default. There's an option to suppress this
behavior, but only if you invoke the processor using its API, not if you run
it from an <?xml-stylesheet?> directive in internet explorer. If you do
that, the spaces disappear and there's nowt you can do about it.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/