   Re: [xml-dev] ISO schemaTron

On 4 Dec 2005, at 14:57, Fraser Goffin wrote:

> Thanks Uche. I agree with your assessment and fully intend to stick
> it out, at least for the immediate term (project/delivery managers
> are not always reknown for their patience or foresight :-). As you
> say, the fact that schemaTron by and large leverages existing
> technology rather than inventing something new (obviously there is
> a domain specific XML voculbulary - but this is small) is a strong
> point in its favour, especially in times of IT rationalisation and
> outsourcing.
>
> I look forward with more optimism, so thanks for that, we all need
> a bit of encouragement from time to time.

By coincidence, I've been experimenting with Schematron recently to
validate a log of captured SOAP messages against a set of XPath
assertions:

http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/testsuite/observer/

So far, I'd say it's looking very promising - there may be a few bugs
in there,
and I did have to get some help on the XSL-list to match QNames, but
beyond
that, so far Schematron seems very simple, and yet very powerful.

Paul
--
http://blog.whatfettle.com