   RE: [xml-dev] Common Word Processing Format

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 13:34 +0000, Michael Kay wrote:

> > Using word is much easier than using emacs... but using word
> > and keeping
> > it from breaking things is about as hard as using emacs.
> >

> The number of times I have hunted high and low to find the magic button that
> stops Word turning XPath into Xpath...
>
> Worse though was when Word decided that when I typed the current date on an
> invoice, what I really wanted was the date on which the document was
> printed, thus effectively changing the date on which tax was due. The
> arrogance of a software developer who does that kind of thing just amazes
> me.

As I said Mike, you just need to realise that the boys and girls in
Redmond
know far better than you what you want!
Realise that, and it all becomes clear.
(And emacs starts to look like a good proposition).

Just don't try and auto-number anything in Word.
There be dragons indeed.

--
Regards,

Dave Pawson