   Re: [xml-dev] What kind of content is allowed in simple types & simple c

Original Message From: "Michael Kay" <mike@saxonica.com>
>> XSD does not constrain comments or PIs. So it is valid to
>> have them even
>> in simpleType content. However, it is not considered a good
>> practice...
>
> ... by vendors of database products (and data binding products) that have
> difficulty in coping with them.
>
> Stick to native XML technologies, and you should be fine.

I think whether you consider data binding (and possibly database products)
to have difficulty coping with comments and PIs embedded in values depends
on whether you want your application to see the comments and PIs or not (as
opposed to whether the XML specs want to enable your application to see
them).  If you don't, there shouldn't be a problem.

Pete.
Pete Cordell
for XML to C++ data binding visit
http://www.tech-know-ware.com/lmx