   RE: [xml-dev] how to use xml:base and relative URLs with SAX/Java?

> The systemID method in Locator could take account of xml:base
> attributes
> when reporting the system ID of individual elements. "If the system
> identifier is a URL, the parser must resolve it fully before
> passing it
> to the application."

I would hope not. The purpose of Locator is to locate errors in a source
file. The spec supports this:

"The return value is the system identifier of the document entity or of the
external parsed entity in which the markup triggering the event appears."

That can't be affected by xml:base.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/