   Re: [xml-dev] how to use xml:base and relative URLs with SAX/Java?

  • To: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>, ElektonikaMail@yahoo.com
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] how to use xml:base and relative URLs with SAX/Java?
  • From: Anil Philip <goodnewsforyou@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:35:26 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org

Hello,
I got the error while trying to validate the xml
instance against the schema (by File|Save in XML Spy)
- *not* during runtime.

I am using the default SAX parser in JDK 1.5.

My application uses an xml file that contains urls
(among other things) of audio clips. The clips start
out on the local desktop, and are transferred (with
the XML file) to a server. So the base url is going to
change. So I think I need to be able to have relative
URLs.

Can anyone please advise or point me to any tutorials
how to use it in Java with the SAX parser?
I have been going through Elliotte Harold's online
book "XML with Java" (but didnt find any treatment of
xml:base) and googling for any other material.
-
thanks,
Anil