   Inheritance of anyAttribute in XML Schema

Hi,

I'm sorry, I know I COULD have researched this a little bit better
myself first. But the XSD spec made my eyes twitch and my head go
buzzzZZZzzz....

I think I have seen somewhere that when a complex type is derived from
another, all attributes are inherited automatically (unless killed of by
a redeclaration with use="prohibited") (in both extension and
restriction) -- correct me if wrong.

How is that then, with the attribute wildcard, anyAttribute? I suspect
it is not always inherited, as that would make it really hard to shake
off anyAttribute from stuff derived from anyType, that is, from anything
complex at all. IF the ur-type definition really uses the anyAttribute
formally.

Does anyone know if there's a simple version of how attribute wildcards
are (not?) inherited?

Soren