   RE: [xml-dev] Inheritance of anyAttribute in XML Schema

Yes. When you derive a type by restriction:

- attributes are inherited by default
- elements are dropped by default
- attribute wildcards are dropped by default
- element wildcards are dropped by default

This is one spec where your eyes will still twitch and your head still go
buzzZZZ even when you read it for the tenth time. Except that you will no
longer be surprised by surprises.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/