   RE: [xml-dev] XML schema cos-nonambig problem

  • To: "Niels Peter Strandberg" <nielspeter@npstrandberg.com>, <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] XML schema cos-nonambig problem
  • From: "Laurens van den Oever" <laurens@q42.nl>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:28:27 +0100

I think your schema should be:

<xs:complexType name="contentiddef">
  <xs:sequence>
    <xs:element ref="x:major" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
    <xs:choice>
      <xs:sequence>
        <xs:element ref="x:minor"/>
          <xs:element ref="x:major"/>
          <xs:element ref="x:minor"/>
          <xs:element ref="x:version"/>
        </xs:choice>
      </xs:sequence>
      <xs:sequence>
        <xs:element ref="x:version"/>
          <xs:element ref="x:major"/>
          <xs:element ref="x:minor"/>
          <xs:element ref="x:version"/>
        </xs:choice>
      </xs:sequence>
      <xs:sequence>
        <xs:element ref="x:externalid"/>
          <xs:element ref="x:major"/>
          <xs:element ref="x:externalid"/>
        </xs:choice>
      </xs:sequence>
    </xs:choice>
  </xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>

This makes you think about your data model. Usually when it's hard to
write a schema for a certain xml flavor, you might want to reconsider
the xml. What are you trying to achieve?

Best,

Laurens van den Oever
Q42