   Profiling Schemas

Using XML Schema, it is easy to create subsets of a single schema using
xs:redefine. This has the advantage that, if the superset schema changes,
standard tools will detect any changes required to the subset schemas.

Now take a more complex case with multiple schema documents. Document A
<xs:include>s documents B and C. I can't just create a profile by making a
new directory and creating A', B' and C' <xs:redefine>d from A, B and C
since A' still <xs:include>s B and C (not B' and C'). My real case is much
more complex, so the option of <xs:redefine>ing B and C and doing an edit of
A doesn't work.

In this circumstance, is there anything better than just subsetting the
schemas by editing, and so losing the link between the superset and the
subsets? I'm hoping I have missed something obvious.

Paul