   General Design Question

  • To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: General Design Question
  • From: "Saha Rabindra N" <saha.rn@mellon.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:28:53 -0500
  • Disposition-notification-to: "Saha Rabindra N" <saha.rn@mellon.com>

Hi All,
 Marry XMas to all members !!!

 I have some Cobol copybook [it has many members with redefine clause] in the form of Unix text file. The data for the copybook members are in a database table.
The copybook members and the database data are in mapped order.
I need to present it in web in form of a table or so.
Can you tell me which would be best solution for me?

Should I create a xml file based on the copybook & data and then create a xslt for it to present it in browser ?
If so then how do I handle repeating Cobol members in xslt ? Is there any tool which works in Unix and takes copybook & database tablename as input to create xml file ?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
RNS

If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originator.(17b)