   Re: [xml-dev] Non locator use of URIs

XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 error identifiers are URIs that are not required
(or expected?) to be resolvable.

Hope this helps,
    Jim

At 12/24/2005 09:46 AM, Elliotte Harold wrote:
>I'm collecting a list of non-locating, identifying uses of URIs. e.g.
>where are URIs used in practice as identifying strings? So far I have:
>
>XML Namespaces
>SAX Feature and Properties
>Atom IDs
>RDF/Owl/SemWeb
>XML encryption data types and algorithms
>XML canonicalization algorithms
>

>Can anyone add to this list? The criterion is that the URI is not
>necessarily resolvable, and not intended primarily to be resolved. It's OK
>is some can be (e.g. RDDL documents for XML namespaces) as long as it
>doesn't have to be to serve its main function.

Jim Melton --- Editor of ISO/IEC 9075-* (SQL)     Phone: +1.801.942.0144
   Co-Chair, W3C XML Query WG; F&O (etc.) editor    Fax : +1.801.942.3345
Oracle Corporation        Oracle Email: jim dot melton at oracle dot com
1930 Viscounti Drive      Standards email: jim dot melton at acm dot org
Sandy, UT 84093-1063 USA          Personal email: jim at melton dot name
=  Facts are facts.   But any opinions expressed are the opinions      =
=  only of myself and may or may not reflect the opinions of anybody   =
=  else with whom I may or may not have discussed the issues at hand.  =